Foreign ConversionsOrder Form
Why does Videotape or DVD need to be converted?
- Videotapes or DVD's around the world are in three different formats or accepted "standards": NTSC, PAL, and SECAM.
- Because of these multiple standards, videotapes or DVDs from foreign countries must be con verted to the American television standard, NTSC, in order to be played on domestic VCR or DVD player.
- Likewise, videotapes and DVDs recorded in the NTSC format must be converted to one of the other standards in order to be viewable in other countries. To see the list of standards by country, click here.
We convert PAL and SECAM (VHS, MiniDV, 8mm/HI8 & Digital8) videotapes, VCD and DVD's to the NTSC video standard.
We convert the following NTSC tapes to foreign television standards:
How much does it cost?
- Tapes up to 30 minutes are converted for $10.
- Tapes up to 1 hour are converted for $15.
- Tapes up to 2 hours are converted for $20.00.
- Tapes over 2 hours are $20.00, plus $8 for each additional hour.
- Tape to DVD up to 1 hour are converted for $20.00
- Tape to DVD up to 2 hour are converted for $30.00
DVD to DVD up to 1 hour $35.00; DVD to DVD up to 2 hour $50.00 Shipping will be added to your fee.
The original tape(s) or DVD will be shipped back with the converted tape(s) or DVD